Arsene Wenger 'Confident' of Tying Down Ozil and Sanchez This Summer


Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is hopeful that star midfielder Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil will sign new contracts at the end of the season, as per ​the Mirror.

Both players, formerly of Barcelona and Real Madrid, have been instrumental for the Gunners this season, and are crucial to the future of the club, despite a title success in this campaign looking unlikely for the team. 

Wenger said both are happy at the Emirates and that separate deals should be completed in due course.

"That (contract negotiations) will be done in the break, in the summer. Yes, I am confident. Yes, they have a two-year contract left and there's been nothing done yet.

"They look happy, when I talk to them they are happy and they want to extend their contracts so I don't think it is a problem."

With just one year remaining on his own contract, Wenger said he will work hard to bring success to the team as always, and feels he will soon be respected with a new deal so long as he continues to do so.

"My individual case is to perform, as I just told you, and to give my best to the team to be successful until the end of the season. That's what it is about.

"After that, this club has values and one of the values is that we respect our contract. And people who work for the club respect their contract so that shouldn't be a surprise. I have been here for 19 years and I always did that."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I’m not engaged to Toyin Aimakhu’s ex-husband –Mimisola Daniels

Watch: Zlatan might play for Arsenal next season as he hints about Premier League move.