Nicolas Pepe cannot wait to get started in the Premier League, and he's especially excited about playing alongside a certain France international.




Alex Lacazette was one of the first of Pepe's new teammates to greet him at London Colney, and is already helping our record signing settle in.
 
The former Ligue 1 stars have lined up against each other in France, and Pepe says it will be "an honour" to line up together.
 
"When I knew I was coming to Arsenal, I immediately thought of the French guys who play here," Pepe told Arsenal.com.
 
"I thought of Özil, the world champions, Lacazette, Aubameyang and many more. Of course, these are the players who sprang to mind because I used to watch them when I was at Lille.
 
"Also, Lacazette used to play for Lyon and so I have had the opportunity to play against him. It will be an honour to play alongside him."





Our record signing will be the fourth Ivory Coast international to represent Arsenal, emulating Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Eboue and Gervinho.
 
Toure was one of Arsene Wenger's finest ever signings - a hugely popular figure who arrived as an unknown and became an Invincible - and Pepe has already asked him for advice.
 
"Kolo Toure was with us on the [Ivory Coast national] squad as an assistant coach [at the Africa Cup of Nations]," Pepe explained.
 
"He spoke to me a lot about the very high level, how he got to Arsenal and how you always have to work hard and really graft on a daily basis to try and get right to the very top.
 
"Toure, Eboue and Gervinho are the major players from the Ivory Coast," he added.
 
"We talk a lot about Gervinho, for example, who played for Lille and ended up at Arsenal, so I am on the same path. They are definitely examples to us young Ivorians and I hope we will continue to follow these examples."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I’m not engaged to Toyin Aimakhu’s ex-husband –Mimisola Daniels

Watch: Zlatan might play for Arsenal next season as he hints about Premier League move.