Football heavyweight Jose Mourinho discusses Man Utd job before Anthony Joshua title win


JOSE MOURINHO says he wants to manage in the Premier League on the night he got his hands on boxing's ultimate prize.



Express Sport understands Mourinho, 53, is favourite to replace Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford - should the Dutchman be sacked.
The former Chelsea boss was at London's O2 Arena last night to .
Joshua knocked out Charles Martin in the second round and after the fight posed for pictures with Mourinho and his heavyweight belt.
And before the bout Mourinho told Sky Sports of his intentions to return to management.
"[Van Gaal] is my friend, I worked with him for a few years," Mourinho said.
"I am always linked with jobs and in the summer I will have a job, but in this moment I can promise you I do not have a contract with any club.
"I am not in a position to turn (jobs) down, I am in a position to analyse. I am in a position to be open to any club or national team.

"I have to be honest, if possible I would prefer a club but I must analyse to see what is best for my career and to be back with everything I have.
"I would prefer [to be in England]. I love the country, I love the football here, my family is very stable and happy.
"If possible yes, it would be my first choice."


As for Joshua, the super-heavyweight Olympic gold medallist of 2012 insists he is grounded after winning his first world heavyweight title with a 16th straight career stoppage.
“I ain’t gonna get too carried away,” he said. “Every fight gets better and better.
“It’s not just about power. It’s about speed and precision.
"[Martin] was big and brave enough to bring his title to the UK. Respect to him.”
 if the latter beats Wladimir Klitschko in Manchester this July.
David Haye, fresh out of retirement, is also an option for 26-year-old Joshua.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I’m not engaged to Toyin Aimakhu’s ex-husband –Mimisola Daniels

Watch: Zlatan might play for Arsenal next season as he hints about Premier League move.