Nigerian Striker, Odion Ighalo Loses His Father


Nigerian International and Watford striker Odion Ighalo has lost his father, Paul, who died in the early hour of Monday in Lagos.
The player tweeted the simple message “R.I.P Daddy” at 4:01 on Monday morning, a day after his side was knocked out of the FA Cup semi final after a 2-1 defeat by Crystal Palace.
“A few days ago, he complained of weakness. He was taken to hospital for treatment. This morning, he died in his sleep,” Ighalo told ESPN FC.
“The season is almost over, and it might be a while before all the funeral arrangements are complete, so although I will continue to stay in close contact with my family over there, I will be here with my club until then.”
Meanwhile, the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) President, Amaju Pinnick, on Monday put a call through to the player to sympathize with him on the passing of his father.
“I know that no amount of words can console you at this moment but I want you to know that the NFF and the Nigeria football family are mourning with you at this period. It is always tough to lose a parent.
“But I want you to be strong at this period and be there for younger members of the family. That is very important.”, Pinnick said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I’m not engaged to Toyin Aimakhu’s ex-husband –Mimisola Daniels

Watch: Zlatan might play for Arsenal next season as he hints about Premier League move.